Sunday, October 29, 2017

Horror - The Last Days of Red and Lorraine Freemont

Alright so I'm not totally sure what I should be doing with this, but I've asked around a bit and people keep pointing me to this community. It's probably no the best place in the world for a data leak but it's not like I got Julian Assange's number locked in my phone either.

I work for the Sheriff's Department at Elder's Ridge, Montana, doing any small time administrative tasks that they need from me. Most of the time this makes me a glorified secretary but today things are a bit different.

You see, we encountered something yesterday that is well beyond the capacities of a county with a combined population of a little over a thousand people, so all of a sudden I've gone from getting coffee to being responsible for digitizing all the documents that appear to be relevant to the events what happened in Fallen Pine.

Normally I'd never dream of being one of those people who endangers an investigation by leaking crucial information online, but the thing that nobody over at the station knows is that at my last job: doing basically the same shit down at River's End, some of the boys encountered something real similar to this. The department down there isn't much bigger than ours, so of course the sheriff sent word down the line just like we did earlier today, and when the big boys responded all they said was to catalog every piece of evidence for submission and immediately halt our own investigation of the case.

At first we thought the just didn't want a bunch of small town podunk cops getting in the way of some kind of heavy FBI investigation or something, but all that ever happened was a couple people who weren't even affiliated with any force or agency came down and collected our reports,, scoped out the crime scene and then disappeared without so much as a peep about finding a culprit.

I knew Red and Lorraine. Not well, but I'd seen them around town, and they were always nice people. There's no way they deserved what happened to them and they damn sure don't deserve to have their case swept under the rug by some pencil pushers. That's why I'm putting this up here. That and the fact that people need to protect themselves from who or whatever it was that did this.



The Journal of Red Freemont: October 24th, 2017

What a shitty fucking day. Woke up shit. Shit in the middle. Shit for supper at night. I hadn't even gotten dressed before Lor had started up about the oven still being broke. It's like she thinks I have a bunch of money tucked away somewhere, but I'm just so happy eating cold cereal and microwaved dinners that I don't bother to get it fixed.

The real kick in the ass came when I went out to feed the chickens. I don't know what the hell it was, but something had killed three of em, and it hadn't exactly been discrete about it. A wolf or coyote woulda run off with them, but this thing seemed to prefer ripping out their organs and leaving them spread all over the coop. Them birds were really all over the place, but I swear once I had gathered up everything I could find of em it seemed to me like whatever it was hadn't eaten a single piece. Like it just wanted to go into my coop in the dead of night to rip a bunch of chickens to pieces and then be on its merry way. I thought it must of been one of the dogs, but I checked and the kennel was still shut.

This couldn't have happened at a worse time either, low on money and without a stove to cook em on. Lor to her credit was real sweet about everything, kindling up the fireplace and cooking what was salvageable over and open flame. At least I won't have to eat cereal for a few days. Weird thing is, I'm sure I remember setting the latch on the coop the night before


Entry: October 25th, 2017

Well things have gone from bat to worse. I woke up this morning to find that every single one of my chickens had been done up like the first three. I shoulda known it wasn't no animal by the way they killed em yesterday, but now I'm damned sure it was a person responsible.

I don't know who would do something like this to us. I've lived my whole life in this town and I've always tried my best to be kind and friendly to everyone. Sure I've had my bad days, same as everyone else, but I ain't never done nothing to no one that would deserve something like this, and I know Lor hasn't either. I called up Sheriff Bill over at Elder Ridge, but he's outta town with Nancy for the next few days. I guess they're so short staffed they can't afford to come out unless it's an emergency. Just my fucking luck. Well, I'll be sleeping with my shotgun tonight.


Entry: October 26th, 2017

God damn god damn god damn. I woke up last night to the most soul-wrenching yelping I had ever heard in my life. I grabbed my gun and went out to the kennels only to find that whatever had been there had just left. Lola and Rex, god it hurts me to even think about. They had been torn to pieces. It wasn't a crazed mess of flesh and guts like it was with the chickens though, this time they were meticulous. They ripped off Lola's legs and set her just sittin upright like some kinda unfinished taxidermy school project, with her intestines just dangling out across the side of the floor.

And then there was Rex. When I got there poor Rex had been cut open too, and his legs were broken off at the joints, but the worst part was that sick son of a bitch kept him alive while it all happened. He was just starin at me with these glassed over eyes that were just beggin to be put outta there misery. Whoever it was hadn't gotten to Annabelle yet, but it seems that just being there for what happened has left her all kinds of skittish. She won't even go near the kennel now. Though I suppose that don't matter. She'll be sleeping in the house from now on.

I called up Elder Ridge again and this time they were a bit more sympathetic, but I guess there was a nasty brawl down at the Rusty Nail last night, and all the officers are bringing the people they booked down to the courthouse. Only person there was that new kid that just came from River's End. He seemed like he really wanted to help, but he don't got a badge so there wasn't much he could do except take down a report. He promised me the boys would be here first thing tomorrow morning, so hopefully all this will be over soon, though if I'm bein honest, I have my doubts. I didn't tell Lorraine this, but I swear as I was running round to the kennel I caught a glimpse of something taking off into the night. I only saw it for a moment but it wouldn't of taken me half of that to realize I wasn't lookin at no human.


Final Entry: Evening of October 26th/27th

Lor. My god Lor. Whoever you are that finds this, this is Red Freemont. I don't think I have much time left on this earth so I'm using the last of my balance to write this warning. I woke up a few minutes ago and found that the bed was empty. All of a sudden I hear this knockin at the front door and I hear Lorraine sayin she locked herself outta the house and needed to be let in. I was all set to open the door and really give her hell for goin out there alone after all the shit that's happened, but when I got there Anabelle was snarlin with her ears pulled back, so I decided to take a look through the peephole. I could see Lor's face pressed close to the glass, but something wasn't right, so I ran around to the side window to get a better look.

Lord in heaven what that thing did to her. When I saw Lor, the upper part of her face, the part against the peephole, looked the same as ever, but the lower half was just danglin there. Out of her back there were these thin long strips that stretched past the shrubs to something I couldn't see. She suddenly started begging and callin my name through that half-severed jaw but I knew that wasn't my Lor anymore. Then the creature stepped out from the shrubs that had blocked my view and I got a good look at it. It was at least six five and standing upright, it's head was the spitting image of a crow but much bigger. It had these massive black wings with all those cords comin out all over the place and its legs were straight, black bird legs with sharp talons shaped into something almost like a foot.

It suddenly turned and saw me at the window, and it did that thing birds do with their heads when they hear a loud noise. All I could do was run upstairs and lock the door, but it's already past the front deadbolt and I don't thing this door or even my shotgun'll stop it. I can hear it movin around downstairs. Oh god I can hear it.



When Sheriff Bill Toomey of the Elder Ridge Police stopped at the Freemont residence on 10/27/17 in response to a call made the previous day, he found Red and Lorraine Freemont dead. They had been so badly mutilated as to render identification of their individual components all but impossible. Among other things, all four eyeballs had been removed from the sockets and lined up on the fireplace mantle, the limbs had been severed and cauterized in multiple stages, and evidence of extensive injuries precisely performed on the internal organs, which county coroner John Waltkins claims were done while the victims were still alive. An investigation into the nearby community of Fallen Pine turned up no substantive leads regarding a potential culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment